Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Story Begins...

Welcome to my totally tubular blog! I would like to invite you into the mind of one of the who-knows-how-many struggling filmmakers, which, if you haven't figured it out by now, would be my own crazy one. And without much further ado, I have created a list of ten things you should know about me in order to go along with what comes out of my insane mouth.


10. I am super sarcastic and have a somewhat twisted sense of humor...which in turns makes me laugh at myself. It's really embarrassing when you start busting out laughing, and no one else is around you.






9. I like to cook. It calms me down. And the most fun thing to do after cooking would be? You guessed it! Eating. Here is a terrible video I made for German class imitating Dan Aykroyd's imitation of Julia Child. And as you have suspected, it's all in German. However, I will have to say that I did a fantastic job making the blood!



8. I am Vice President of Phi Sigma Pi Honors Fraternity. Although it is a lot of work at times, I do enjoy it.



7. I'm a DJ at 90.7 The Capstone. Again, this does require a lot of work, but I thoroughly enjoy it. Music is one of my passions that I could not live without. My show is all indie, so I'm constantly getting into the band scene, especially with the prospect of going to South By Southwest (SXSW) this spring break. Shameless plug: My show plays Mondays 10PM-12AM. You can listen at 90.7 or wvuafm.ua.edu. Below, I have one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands, Up Up Up by Givers. They are also from Lafayette, so I have some nepotism.





6. I'm a Creative Writing minor, which means one thing. I like to write. Probably more than I should. And SURPRISE! I like to read, too.


5. My favorite quote: "Being creative makes you a weird little beast, because everything seems so bloody interesting for some strange reason." There is also a Lady Gaga quote I like: "Your career can never wake up in the morning, roll over, and tell you it doesn't love you any more."


4. I am the oldest of three. My sisters are eighteen and three. Yes, there's a large gap, but the three year old is the apple of everyone's eye. I can't imagine life without her.




3. I am an extremely hard-worker. I like work, I like structure, and I like to be extremely organized. Type A would be my professional personality...but when you come into my house, it's a totally different story. I live in organized chaos. Things are just EVERYWHERE. It is fantastically awful.


2. I am from New Orleans. This is number two, because it is so embedded into my every day life. My roommate says never talk to me about my home town, because my head might explode with the amount of ego I have about it. It's just a N'awlins thing. We're proud of where we are (we have to be...to be honest the place is a dump at times).




1. And the number one fact about me is...drum roll...the most obvious thing on the face of the planet...doodoodoodoo! Film is the most important thing to me. Without it, I feel there would be no joy in my life. This is where I want/need to be. I love telling stories (again, why I write). I love people to understand and appreciate things that may not be appreciated unless seen through a camera's eye. I'm not sure where film will lead me, but I hope for a bright future. Don't we all.

My hope for this blog is to share the inner workings my artistic mind. I want to reach out to people and possibly inspire them to experience the art and beauty of film. It is incredibly moving and cannot be described unless properly studied and experienced. Thank you for reading and Roll Tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment